We’ve had a number of clients who have requested the ability to transfer the ownership of credentials to someone else, which is why we are so excited about our newest feature Reassigning Credentials, which does just that!
Listening to your feedback
We value your feedback, and we've been listening to your experiences closely. One common issue that we've found is the occasional issuance of credentials to incorrect or typo-ridden email addresses. We understand that mistakes can happen, and we wanted to provide a solution that simplifies the process of rectifying such errors.
Introducing: Reassigning Digital Credentials
With our latest update, we've made it simple to reassign credentials to a new email address or learner account. In the past, if you made a mistake, you would need to delete the incorrect credential and then reissue the credential from scratch to the correct learner email address. Now you can seamlessly reassign them with just a few clicks.
How can I reassign a credential?
Reassigning credentials is straightforward. Here's how it works:
1. Access the Credential: Begin by viewing the issued credential that requires reassignment.
2. Press 'Edit': Click on the 'Edit' button to make changes to the credential.
3. Select 'Reassign Credential': You will notice a new option labelled 'Reassign Credential.' Click on it to initiate the process.
4. Enter New Details: Now, you can enter the new email address to which the credential should be reassigned. Additionally, if the learner is new to VerifyEd, you can provide their name for the Learner Profile.
5. Confirmation Email: Once you've reassigned the credential, an email notification will be sent to the learner, informing them that the credential has been successfully reassigned to their new email address. This ensures transparency and keeps everyone in the loop.
Please note: Reassigning a credential will remove it from the account of the original user, to ensure that the correct recipient has access to their credential.
Unlocking new possibilities
Our reassigning credentials feature isn't just about fixing typos or mistakes; it also opens up exciting opportunities. Here are a couple of scenarios where this feature can be especially useful:
- You don’t have a learner’s email address: In cases where you've issued credentials to a learner without their email address, you can now reassign the credential once they provide you with their email. This enables them to enjoy all the benefits of a VerifyEd learner account, including secure storage and LinkedIn sharing.
- You’ve received a request to transfer a credential to someone’s personal email: If you have an employee who is leaving your workforce soon, or a student who is graduating and they request that their credential is transferred to their personal email address, you can make that possible by reassigning the credential to the email address they provide. Alternatively, you can also let them know they can do this themselves by creating a student account using their personal email, and then linking that account to their work or university email address where the credential has been issued to. We talk about this more in our recent blog post: Another step towards our vision: Aggregated credentials from a lifetime of training and learning.
Watch Now: Reassign a digital credentials
We Value Your Feedback
We're excited to introduce this feature, and we hope it proves to be a valuable addition to your credential management toolkit. As always we welcome your feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - Your insights help us continue to refine and improve our platform to better serve your needs.